The effort continues to enact an repatriation exit from my american-based web hosting provider.
It’s a good thing the weather is so terrible. It’s in the minus 20s all this week with a minus 40ish windchill. (On a side note, it’s my New Years resolution to stop clarifying metric or centigrade units here. There’s really only a few places that still use old fashioned imperial units and if 2017 has proved anything, none of them seem to be examples worth following anymore.)
I digress… it’s a good thing the weather has been so terrible this week because I’ve been holed up in front of an SSH connection configuring a Raspberry Pi I bought off my brother, turning it into a little web server.
This blog is not quite ready to be moved over, at least not until I verify the stability of the rest of it and pressure test it this weekend by tweeting out my latest web comic on Saturday. If all goes well, that site will be living on a playing-card-size server in my basement by the end of the day. If it explodes… maybe plan C. If it holds up for a standard Saturday deluge of traffic, I’ll start moving this site over in January.