September approaches. Do you hear it? That wave of a million youngish people getting ready to swing into another installment of their lives.
I used to gauge my life by four month chunks of time. Semester. Semester. Summer. Repeat. There were many years parceled out into these discrete slivers of time that were neatly labeled and clearly understood.
But then life gushed in, and suddenly I’m staring down 40 and four months seems like this trivial little blip of time, a span in which something might happen, or something might stay the same, or in which life will tick on and and then at the end of that four month span you might notice and think, hmmm, has it been four months already? Really. I thought I just paid those taxes.
Speaking of rushing time…
It’s been two years since I wrote a week of lists, but I thought I would start this last four months of 2016 with revisit to that old meme. So, starting on the first, the eighth edition of the Week of Lists begins, called the “Turning 40ish Edition” with deep and engaging topics such as:
- 5 Fatherhood Hacks For The 40-Something Dad
- 5 Things That Worry Me About Running After 40ish
- 5 Foods You Should Probably Know How to Cook by 40ish
- 5 Reasons to Keep Gaming as You Age (aka Five Reasons Why I Finally Want to Buy a PS4)
- 5 Types of Photos You Should Try While You’re 40ish
- 5 Hobbies That Were Lame at 30, But Define Me at 40ish
- 5 Workisms That Become Apparent By Age 40ish