On February 12th is the two-hundredth birthday of Charles Darwin. This is also the day when much of the world will be commemorating the one-hundred and fiftieth anniversary of his most famous work, On the Origin of the Species. As a mediocre tribute to that — and given my personal and favourable disposition towards good science and science education — I’ll be doing something of a multi-topic, cross-posting, science-themed extravaganza for the next nine days, starting tomorrow. So, once again, back to the Big Huge Thesaurus for some (modified) topic ideas…
1. List your top ten favourite science books.
2. Top five pet peeves about modern science education.
3. Explain why you write about science.
4. Write about one of your core beliefs, and how that influences the topic of your blog.
5. Compare the pros and cons of an issue in science education.
6. A goal in my life is…
7. Write about science-themed travel destinations.
8. Create something of value and then give it away.
9. Ask your readers to take action on an issue you care about.
As before, look to this post for an (eventual) index with links to the articles mentioned. Enjoy.