1) May is the month when most (if not all) traces of snow are gone for the season. This year it has been a little tricky to tell for certain, but in all likelihood by mid-month we will be planting our garden. Mmm…. fresh garden produce. The rhubarb is already emerging.
2) May, as decided by Claire and myself early yesterday morning, is to be another photo-every-day month. Yes, check the gallery for regular (if not daily) updates and most-definitely daily photos of the nearly eight-month old living at my house.
3) May the twelfth will commemorate Sparkle’s fourth birthday. That’s nearly thirty in dog-years. No need for gifts (really, don’t!) but as the twelfth falls on a Monday, the ol’ girl is likely to have a fairly mellow day.
4) This is the first May in a couple years when we have not gone on a significant vacation. You’ll need to excuse me if I start pining for yonder and afar. I really do like to get out of the country once in a while to clear the mind of things.
5) The end of May was a marked as a fairly significant set of milestones on all this writing I’ve been doing. Would it be feasible to suggest I’ll have at least one of those milestones met by the end of the month? Maybe?
6) May is basement cleaning month. Hopefully some construction action will begin in June, but that means there needs to be much more work accomplished in the lower level of our house. We started, but the clock is officially ticking.
7) May is the month of Karin’s first Mother’s Day as a Mother. Another Hallmark holiday, to be sure, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good excuse to mount a campaign of motherhood gratitude. Perhaps all the new dads who regularly read this blog should see if we can’t organize a cooperative day-off for our gals.