Tomorrow is the bear’s five month ‘birthday’ and my, how things change. For those who have not been picking up bits and pieces from other sources or random visits here is the official rundown. She:
– sits for extended moments, not so much holding herself upright with any real core strength, but rather through combination of a kind of wobbly balancing act and propping herself up with her arms, all the while debating the choice between stability and sucking on her fingers.
– recognizes her parents’ voices, whirling her head in whatever direction from the noise happens to be emanating, eyes growing to size of two-dollar coins and pausing only momentarily before a wide, open-mouth, toothless grin lights up her face.
– fills the silences with a sort of senseless babbling conversation inasmuch as whoever happens to be sitting nearby feels an urgency in response, as if she could actually be saying something meaningful if only there was a English-baby dictionary for us to consult.
– provides the equivalent of sloppy, wet kisses (particularly to her dad who is of course eager to receive them) as her whole face, tongue protruding from wide, slobber-soaked lips falls lurching, as if a tiny space ship docking with the victim’s cheek.
– continues to intrigue her parents on her seemingly random preferences for solid food, one day devouring an entire bowl of rice cereal or a bit of mushed banana, the next wailing in objection as the spoon approaches.
– has revealed a rudimentary understanding of gravity, willfully knocking over the small tower of blocks that her dad builds in front over her, over and over and over, eyes alight with glee as they tumble across the floor.