So, the may long weekend has once again crept by, and here we are.. the next big vacation who knows how far away. But all is not lost. I did have a relatively interesting few days.
Movie reviews are for losers…
I would review the movie I went to yesterday, but like I said…
For various reasons, some of those including boredom, I decided to trek up (down?) to Oakridge mall yesterday jus before noon. Apparently, I went the long way last time, because it seemed to be a quicker walk this round. Maybe that’s because it was raining last time.
Anyhow, I checked some lottery tickets that my parents sent me. (Why? They bought them in Vancouver, and they don’t work in Alberta!) This was cool, as one of them was good for another free ticket. So I’m back to square one: A lottery ticket that may or may not be worth 1.5 million dollars.
The point of this rambling was to say that I went to see “Shrek” which you should see too… that is all.
Beaches are cool
Literally and figuratively…
I biked down to Kitsilano Beach on Saturday. It was warm when I left. It was warm when I was sitting there. Then the sun hid behind a big angry cloud. After that it cooled off a bit, and so I went home.
Really, I just wanted to brag about being on the beach this weekend…. fifteen minutes from my house…. that is cool…
Other than that my weekend was lax….
Top ten things to kill a long weekend:
10) I need screens so I can open the windows in my greenhouse .. uh… apartment…
9) Sitting on the floor updating my webpage only sounds fun
8) Tom Hanks was not the best actor of the mid eighties
7) My arm hurts
6) Baking in hot weather is something that should be warned against
5) I should really do some laundry
4) Should I order a pizza? Oops… I forgot about the money thing!
3) Everyone else has friends that aren’t 1500km away!
2) The guy downstairs likes to shout out his window at four AM
1) Ten consecutive episodes of Deep Space 9 does not a holiday make (and, no, I didn’t!!)
But that’s ok… I had fun anyways…